Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Kitchen This

I have a list of things I need to do. Mainly, I need a part-time job. I have been saying this since I moved to New York, but really...I am going to suck it up. I just got done reading the last lecture and Randy Pausch tells this story about a woman (maybe an old girlfriend?) who was worried about money and went to yoga class every Tuesday to de-stress. He finally pointed out that if she quit going to yoga on Tuesdays and got a part-time job, she would be able to pay off her debts. She did, and I will. Sigh. New York, why you gotta be so expensive? 


I shared pictures of my kitchen from my past apartment, but this time the pegboard was a necessity due to space. My inspiration came from Julia Child's kitchen, pictured below. 


I'm off to Johanna's wedding in New Orleans next weekend, and I will be posting something delicious in the meantime. I admit, we have reverted back to take-out more lately. I think I am still getting used to our tiny kitchen:).  


Image from NPR.org (also posted on happylivingdesign.typepad.com)


Our kitchen, below. Thoughts on painting the board? 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey if you're looking for a part time job and you're comfortable working on a computer try out odesk.com. It's been working great for me. Let me know how it goes!

Anonymous said...

totally paint the board!! and i really want some of that oatmeal...