Friday, August 8, 2008

It's Gonna be a Piece of Cake

...and various other 80's movies

Melissa Lamkin, stylist, and fellow lover of things that are just hilarious--sent me this link this morning. Not only are the cakes absolutely hysterical (my personal favorite is the mysterious pile of fruit/wedding cake), the commentary is perfect.

I admit, I have had my own cake disaster (mom, chime in at any point)...and it is still a pivotal moment in my baking career. Okay, so I don't have a baking career, but if I did, I could tell this story in interviews and just laaaaaugh.

I may or may not have attempted (with my mother) to make my sister's wedding cake. To this day, I have absolutely no idea why she agreed to let us even attempt such a job. We ended up calling a 24-hour Wal-Mart and picking the cake up the day of the wedding. I know, you are intrigued.

That's all I am going to say about that for right now.

3 comments:

Weddings Unveiled Magazine said...

Hahaha!

Sarah said...

Okay the fruit/wedding cake and its commentary made me laugh 'til I cried.

AM Ashley said...

it may be time to make whatever is most popular on your poll and post a new one. Just a thought...
love love love